According to Handy, podcasting has become popular, and it can help you reach a wider audience. Launching a podcast is not as daunting as you may think, and the benefits are well worth it. So, as a business owner or a marketer, you should definitely experiment with it and see the results for yourself.
Tips & Tricks
Here are few tips you may follow to launch a podcast and take your brand to the next level:
- Purchase the correct gear – Although you can start a new podcast with just basic gear such as your smartphone to record audio and use free editing tools to get the job done, you need special podcasting equipment to create high-quality podcasts. Here is a list of podcast equipment you should purchase to improve the production quality:
- Pop filter
- Mic stand
- Headphones amplifier
- Acoustic treatment
- Audio interface
- Shock mount
Simply relying on good equipment is not enough. It is also crucial to create high-quality content and execute the project with high standards.
- Create a list of topics – It is crucial to create a list of topics that you want your brand to be known for by your audience. Thus, you should create notes or create a calendar of topics along with subtopics. It is a good idea to listen to other popular podcasts in your niche to get an idea of what your potential audience likes. Plus, it also lets you understand the length, cadence, style of the topics, which is important to differentiate your brand from the competitors.
- Search for guests and co-hosts – Co-hosts and guests can make your podcast even more engaging, especially if they have different viewpoints and opinions to share with your audience. You may search for guests and co-hosts for your podcasts by browsing social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and other such platforms. Just be sure that the person you want to hire is interested in your topics and has a good voice or tone.
- Learn how to edit properly – It is necessary to add some sound effects in the appropriate places in your audio tracks to make it more fun to listen to. You must only add royalty-free sound effects to avoid copyright infringement. Plus, you need an editing tool such as GarageBand or Audacity to edit the audio. It is also important to choose a good podcast host and learn how to create your podcast art.
- Upload your podcast to the major platforms – The final step is to launch your podcast for the whole world to listen to. You can do that by uploading your podcast to all the major platforms such as Spotify, Apple, Soundcloud, Google Podcasts, and Stitcher. These platforms allow users to reach millions of potential listeners and provide important data for you to analyze such as the number of subscribers, average listening time, listener location, and more.
Handy suggests you start promoting your podcast to various social media platforms after the launch to attract as many people as possible during the initial launch phase.